As cooler temperatures approach, maintaining your health and fitness goals can become more challenging. Especially lately, exercise is increasingly important for your health, as physical activity offers benefits to your immune system, your stress responses, your mental health, and of course, your waistline.
When the icy chill in the air deflates your motivation, it is vital to find creative ways to get your blood pumping and maintain good health in these winter months. To help, we have found four of the best winter workouts to try this season to help you stay motivated.
Four Fun Winter Workouts
It can be surprisingly easy to come up with a long list of reasons why you can’t work out. Despite this, it’s important to remember that the only workout you will ever regret is the one you didn’t do. Even if it is only for 15 or 30 minutes each day, making time for yourself and your health is essential, and the benefits are far-reaching.
Here are four fun and easy workouts to add to your routine to stay healthy and confident this winter.
- Take a hike! Yes, it’s cold. But don’t underestimate the power of layering your clothes and bundling up! With a couple of layers as well as a wind-resistant jacket, gloves, and a hat that covers your ears, you’ll forget about the weather and focus on the beautiful world around you! Try exploring places you’ve never been, such as a local mountain, trail, or park. Remember to wear shoes with traction, especially if there’s a chance of ice or snow. Getting out in nature and breathing fresh, clean air offers numerous health benefits.
Depending on your weight and the intensity of your hike, you can burn between 400 and 450 calories for every hour of hiking.
- Ice Skating! Fun and enjoyable workouts are easier to maintain than ones that seem like a chore, so try something new and go ice skating! If you live in an icy climate, a quick web search should help you find an outdoor rink to visit. If not, many cities have skating rinks to visit for the same fun workout. Remember to call ahead of time to check that they are open, and prepare to bring a mask and maintain a good social distance. Bundle up with a cozy jacket, a scarf, and warm gloves, and get ready for a great workout!
On average, you can burn between 600 and 850 calories every hour of ice skating.
- Jump! Channel your inner child and consider investing in a mini trampoline. You can easily find one online or at your local sporting goods store, and it delivers one of the most fun and sweat-evoking indoor workouts. You can listen to music or watch your favorite TV show while working out indoors, or even find videos of jump routines to follow for an added challenge.
Jumping on a mini trampoline can burn a whopping 500 calories in just 30 minutes.
- Dance! There are several different videos, subscriptions, and exciting programs you can stream from home that burn calories and get you moving to achieve your workout goals. This is a fun and unique way to burn calories, and you can even explore different types of dance with your spouse and your kids to both spend quality time with loved ones and get an intense workout!
Dancing for about one hour can burn between 300 and 600 calories, depending on the dance style and intensity.
Don’t Forget Your Post-Workout Recovery!
In order to stay consistent with any fitness routine, it’s important to take good care of your body after your workout to minimize discomfort and recovery time. Many athletes believe that the recovery process is nearly as important as the workout itself, so don’t forget this crucial step!
The most effective recovery regimen should include:
- Drinking plenty of water: During an arduous workout, your body can lose up to 25% of its water, leading to dehydration. When the body is dehydrated, it can cause muscles to feel cramped and fatigued, and can also result in your body feeling tired and listless.
- Stretching: The body is prone to feeling stiff and tense after working out, and lactic acid builds up which can lead to increased soreness. Stretching improves overall circulation, helping the muscles, joints, and tendons recover faster and minimizing post-workout discomfort.
- Massaging your muscles with a soothing sports cream: Massaging your muscles after a workout can drastically expedite your recovery, as massage is believed to help flush out the toxins that build up during your workout and increase blood flow to minimize stiffness. When you use a soothing and penetrating cream designed specifically for sports recovery like the menthol-infused CBD Sport Cream from Brain Body Health LLC, you can treat your body to a nourishing and cooling experience while massaging your tender muscles and joints.
With these valuable workout and recovery ideas, your winter fitness goals are within reach!
Brain Body Health LLC – Your Wellness Partner
At Brain Body Health LLC, we are committed to helping you achieve a healthier, happier life. That’s why we offer some of the industry’s most dependable and effective CBD products designed to make living a holistic lifestyle easier than ever. Everything we sell meets or exceeds the industry’s standards for quality and purity because we believe that you deserve the very best. From our carefully cultivated U.S.-grown hemp to the meticulous and cutting-edge technology to maximize the bioavailability of our products, we guarantee your satisfaction with our premium quality CBD.
We offer only broad-spectrum, THC-free CBD that is 100% compliant with federal law, and all of our products are batch-tested by an independent third-party lab to verify our CBD’s exceptional quality. You can view the detailed lab reports at your leisure to find the absence of unwanted chemicals, pesticides, metals, and molds, reassuring you of the superior nature of our products.
With the new year just around the corner, getting a head start on your resolutions is just another way to ensure that 2021 is a year full of health and happiness. Get moving today!